Deciding where and how to live in your active retirement years is something that many find difficult, even confusing – so many alternatives! What will you need? What can you afford? How does it meet my standard of quality?
But it’s a decision that’s important. And remember, no decision is still a decision – and statistically thinking, the wrong one. The fact is, 52 percent of people turning 65 will need long-term care in their lifetimes.
Knowledge is power
The folksy wisdom of baseball great Yogi Berra applies here: “If you don’t know where you’re going, you’ll end up someplace else.”
We’ve put together a video webinar that will help you know more about your senior-living options.
Westminster-Canterbury of the Blue Ridge (WCBR) Marketing Representatives Wendy Sager and John Coppi present:
- The wide and often confusing variety of options, what they offer and how they are covered.
- How COVID might affect the decision-making process, as it has every other aspect of life.
- More about Westminster-Canterbury of the Blue Ridge, and its Lifecare option.
The presentation includes Active Adult, Senior Apartments, Home Care, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing Facilities, and Continuing Care Retirement Communities.
That last category, CCRCs, has its own sub-categories, and one of them is Lifecare. WCBR is the only Lifecare community in Central Virginia. That means you can come live here and enjoy your independent lifestyle, knowing that if and when you need it, you will have the best of assisted living, memory care, long-term skilled nursing care and rehabilitation therapies at basically the same cost of living independently in your apartment.
The last half of the presentation is Q&A time, as Wendy and John answer questions submitted by interested seniors seeking answers on a variety of issues.
You’ll learn a lot
Watch, and learn about such things as:
- The difference between fee-for-service CCRCs and a Lifecare Community.
- Why making a plan means you’re in control.
- The factors you should consider when thinking about a senior living community.
- The benefits of a not-for-profit entity.
- Accreditation, and how it provides assurance.
- Things you’ll not need to worry about when living in a CCRC.
- The specific amenities you’ll find at WCBR.
- What residents who live here say.
If you wish to be well-informed and begin really understanding retirement living options and what they offer you, then you should view the webinar. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We know you’ll be glad you did.